Current Netflix/TV Obsession: Even though neither seem to be as good as they were in the earlier series, I've been enjoying the return of Downton Abbey and now Sherlock. My guilty pleasure the past few months has been Dracula.
Current Running Revelation: I need to be doing more of it.
Current Food Journaling Progress: This past week involved a few meals out, so I had to do some guestimating. But I've journaled every day this month so far.
Currently Looking Forward To: I'm really looking forward to a trip to Hawaii next month. We're going to Maui! I've never been before, and I can't wait to enjoy some warmth, hike, and walk on the beach.
Current Drink: I've really been enjoying Midnight Sun's beers here lately. If you can get your hands on any of them, I definitely recommend doing so. My favorites are the Panty Peeler Tripel and the Cocoho Imperial IPA.
Current Excitement: I'm pretty jazzed about the Super Bowl party that we'll be hosting on Sunday.
Current Fashion Trend: I may regret this, but I'm buying into the floral track pant trend. I'm not wearing them to work with a blazer yet, but that may change as the semester progresses. I jest… I jest….
Current Love: I love texting with my mom a few times a week in addition to our more or less weekly catch-up phone calls.
Current Food: I bought Mark a waffle maker for our anniversary, and I am enjoying reaping the rewards of my self-serving gift.
Current Indulgence: Dark Chocolate Açai Blueberries. We bought a big bag at Costco….
Currently Pondering: A haircut? I haven't been to the salon since early in the fall semester. It's pretty overdue, but I'm not sure what I want to have done to it at this point.
Current Mood: Pessimistic. For now I'll just say we are looking at some serious institutional budget cuts in the works, and I can't think that they will mean anything good for the overall quality of any of the facets of my professional life.
Current New Find: I'm not sure that I have one this month.
Current Outfit: Not the floral track pants. I hadn't planned to wear these particular tights with this dress, but I started to put on three pairs of black tights only to discover giant holes or runners in each.
Current Song: I really found all the songs that Lily & Madeleine sang on the NPR tiny desk concert they did incredibly charming, but I especially liked "Devil We Know."
Current Triumph: I broke through a bad and ill-timed case of writer's block to get an abstract sent off for a conference and to make some progress on a book chapter. I wrote/revised over six pages in about two hours yesterday.
Current Wish-List: I'm really wanting an end to this crisis in Higher Ed. I'm more likely to actually receive a nice Le Creuset Dutch Oven.
Currently Delaying: Grading some short writing assignments from one of my classes. I can't put it off too much longer, though.
Do you have a guilty tv pleasure? Are you planning to watch the Super Bowl? What's currently on your wish-list?
Anything called a Panty Peeler sounds worth checking out. hahaha!
ReplyDeleteI don't really have a guilty tv pleasure - maybe reruns of SATC? I am not planning to watch the Superbowl and don't have any plans that day. Have fun hosting people, though! I love going to SB parties, mostly for the appetizers! On my wish-list is a job in Minnesota. And a tortilla warmer. I hope I get both in 2014. ;)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy Hawaii! That will be a wonderful getaway. I have never been but have heard nothing but wonderful things!!!
I'm so envious of your Maui trip! I was there last spring and it was wonderful! (I actually wrote a recap of the trip, if you're looking for ideas). You should be able to see some whales this time of year too, as they travel down from Alaska (just like you!) during the winter. We had a really great hike along the Waihee Ridge Trail, up near Wailuku. Parts of it were really challenging, but the views were just beautiful. Like pretty much everything in Hawaii :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you broke through the writer's block (isn't that the worst?) - and sorry about the budget cuts. There's huge cuts at the U of A as well, which makes me very thankful that I technically work for a separate non-profit corporation and not actually the U of A!
ReplyDeleteCourtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines
I'm so sorry to hear about the work stress! BOO!! On a happier note though, a few things. 1) THAT BLUE DRESS 2) it's a long story, but I ended up registering for the Salt Lake Half, so we'll be in that together. Enjoy Hawaii!
ReplyDeletei love maui. i'm already jealous!!!
ReplyDeleteFloral track pants? Photos, please :-)
ReplyDeleteI think you look fabulous in your photo here. I'm digging the blue plus grey dotted tights.
Current wish list item: Paul and I have been discussing the merits of buying an awesome rice cooker. I'm sold--we just have to pick a vendor and order. We make rice all the time, and apparently you can cook all sorts of other interesting things in your rice cooker!
Great job on the abstract / book chapter! I have been having a case of writers block for like the past 6 months....I just don't have the motivation at all! My current triumph is back to back long runs this weekend... in the rain.
ReplyDelete