My first week of "official" half marathon training for Salt Lake is in the books. It was a week that was more social than usual for us, so I didn't meet my mileage goal, but I feel pretty satisfied with the general picture of the week.
Monday - scheduled cross training. Actual cross training. I did 20 minutes of weights and 20 minutes on the elliptical machine.
Tuesday - scheduled rest. Actual rest.
Wednesday - scheduled 3.5 miles. Actual 3.5 miles at an average pace of 11:08. While this is (and I am still moving at) a slow pace, I did throw in a few faster intervals as a way to start slowly reintegrating some speed work.
Thursday - scheduled cross training. Actual short walk. I hadn't managed to get as much done as I needed to the day before because a girlfriend and I went out for an early dinner and then to see the Indigo Girls so I ended up using my gym time to prep my Friday class.
Friday - scheduled 3.5 miles. Actual rest. I had planned to run in the evening after I got home from campus, but some friends asked if we wanted to go see The Lego Movie. Since we opted to do that, I decided to bail on the run.
Saturday - scheduled 6 miles. Actual 6 miles at an average pace of 11:23. This was my longest run since last June, and, while I got really hungry at the end, it went well. It was a much-needed boost of confidence going into this training cycle.
Sunday - scheduled 3 miles recovery. Actual 2.5 miles of snowshoeing with my spouse and a couple of our friends. It was such a beautiful day that I'm really glad that we got out for a couple of hours and enjoyed the day.
Total scheduled miles: 16.
Actual miles: 10 running and 3.5 walking and snowshoeing.
Cross training workouts: 1.
How was your week? What's the most recent concert that you've attended? Have you ever gone snowshoeing?


Love the snow shoeing pictures! That is such a good work out! I have only gone once, but I went in Colorado and it was so much fun. The last concert I attended was Matt Nathanson.
ReplyDeleteLast week was a pretty solid week for me workout-wise. I am slowly trying to build my mileage, but can't run consecutive days so it's pretty low right now, but I am faster than I thought I would be! Nice work on your first week of training - that must be confidence boosting that your 6 miler went well! I can't wait until I am back up to that distance!!!
Sounds like a good week.
ReplyDeleteI've been going to Zoo concerts lately (in the summer), but have tickets this spring for One Republic with The Script at an outdoor venue. Can't wait!
Too long since I've been to a concert! And snow-shoeing is still on my Someday list. . . . but I did get out running in some snow in my Yaktraks.
ReplyDeleteYou're well on your way to being HalfM-ready -- that 6-miler has you almost halfway!
Snowshoeing looks like a lot of fun. I have never been. I always picture them like huge tennis rackets on your feet, but the ones they have these days are way less bulky!
ReplyDelete