Sunday, June 13, 2010

Goals for the Short Term and the Week

I'm planning on registering for a half-marathon in August, and I'm contemplating registering for a full marathon in the second half of October. I'm waiting to see where I'm at with my endurance after the Italian honeymoon, though, before I decide whether or not to make it 26.2 miles or 13.1 in October. The next few weeks are really crucial to laying a solid training base if it's going to be a full marathon.

This next week I'd like to run at least 15 miles in four runs and get in one yoga class. Ideally, that will break down like this:

Monday: 3.5 miles
Tuesday: 3.5 miles
Wednesday: yoga
Thursday: 3 miles
Friday: 5 miles
Saturday & Sunday: rest

If you're a runner and you're on Daily Mile, you should friend me there.  I'd also love to know what running and fitness blogs you enjoy reading! 

10 comments:

  1. I don't have a running blog because I'm lazy but my awesome friend does:

    http://movingdogward.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm checking it out right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new blog and good luck on the defense! Cute layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excited to follow your running bog :) Looks like an awesome running week! I'm hoping to at least get in a few 2.5-3 milers this week, but we'll see how out of commission I am after boot camp tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Elena! Your bootcamp sounds intense! Good luck with it and with getting in a couple of runs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I am totally impressed with your running schedule and your ambition, both race-wise and blog-wise. It makes me want to get up and go for a run AND eat a veggie cheeseburger on my couch while I read about you going for a run. Win-win!

    Also, you are an integral member of our cool clique, even though running marathons kind of makes you too accomplished. I will just have to deal with that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! I actually ran my first half marathon in January with little training. It was terrible! I have now finished five half marathons and I am training for my first full marathon. I am looking forward to reading more about your running journey:)

    I am so jealous...Honeymoon in Italy! You better take lots of pictures and post them in your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @D-Meds, your comment totally made my morning!

    @Julie, I ran the last half that I did without being sufficiently trained, and it made such a difference in how much (or rather how little) I enjoyed the race. Good luck with training for your first marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found this through your other blog and I'm excited to follow. I just started training for my first half and I'm very excited!

    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.