Since I had to go into campus this morning to run some errands and to have coffee with a faculty member in another department who had wanted to read my dissertation, I figured the easiest way to kick off this seven days, seven salads challenge was to have lunch at the Panera on campus. I tried the Tomato, Mozarella and Basil Salad. It was pretty good, although if I have that same salad in the future I'll skip or at least cut back on the croutons, as they constituted almost half of the calories and 1/3 of the fat grams in the salad.Do you also tend to make more unhealthful food choices when you're traveling? What are your tricks for getting in a variety of fruits and vegetables while on the road?
I ordered that salad last week! Have been letting myself go out and grab lunch 1x per week ha. I love anything caprese-esque.
ReplyDeleteHi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm with you on not being healthy while traveling. Looking forward to your posts...I have a beagle too!! :-)
ReplyDeleteTraveling is usually the "get out of jail free" card for most of us who try to eat healthier. You have a fantastic idea - let us know how it goes!
ReplyDeleteI totally "pig out" when traveling. I tell myself that I walk more when I'm out and about than when I'm at home. I can justify anything. However, I do find that I eat more salads when I eat out...I love a good salad, but for some reason I hate putting one together at home.
ReplyDelete