In the + column:
♥ Without a doubt the highlight of the week was coming back into the room after my defense and being greeted as Doctor de Moda.
♥ I put a basket on my bicycle, which made it about a million times more awesome.
♥ I didn't quite make my mileage total for the week, but I ran a 5 mile run yesterday. It's the longest run that I've been on since March, so I'm feeling pretty ecstatic about it.
♥ I had an ice cream cone with a good friend of mine who is back in town for a few days, and we chatted about life, teaching, finishing dissertations, and running.
♥ I've been looking through some of my photos from a trip to Rome and Florence that I went on a couple years ago, and I'm getting really excited about finally getting to go on our honeymoon to Italy. I'll have to research a couple of running routes.
In the - column:
- I definitely could have done without the back pain on Wednesday night and Thursday. I haven't had my lower back crap out on me like that in a long time. Fortunately, everything seems to be mostly back to normal with my back now.
- I'm on the road this week, so I know that my mileage total for this next week will take a bit of a dip. I'm trying not to let that psych me out. I'm just going to shoot for 12 miles over three runs.
- I have several bruises on my left thigh, and I have no idea how I got them.
- After the late nights and early mornings this week, I was too exhausted to go out and party last night. If I hadn't been traveling, I would have sucked it up and gone out, but I really needed the extra rest.

+ That is one super awesome basket!
ReplyDelete+ Congrats again on the whole Doctor thing. So awesome!
+ Love seeing more +/-'s around the Internets! It's such a good practice.
Oh my goodness, I am so jealous that you have made it to Italy! I love the picture...you look fantastic:)
ReplyDelete