Our new furniture finally arrived on Wednesday afternoon, so we finally had something to sit on besides captain's chairs or our dining room chairs. It also allowed us to finally start arranging the living room and office. It's still a work in progress, but our house is starting to feel like a home.
For the time being at least we're not allowing Bailey on the sofa or love seat. Since one of her favorite activities is looking out the window, she's having to find new, creative ways to do so. I wish I had had my other camera close at hand to capture a video because she was wagging like crazy and practically dancing around when I took this shot.
I was also very excited about the arrival of my -- okay, our -- new desk. Although I've had a writing desk (pictured above in the corner) for over a year now, my office desks have always been cheap, particle board affairs until now.
My goals for the day are to finish the living room and dining room set up -- we still have odds and ends to put away and pictures to hang -- and to get the office unpacked. I need to get a little reading and writing in as well. I should also take my bike into the repair shop because, when I went to ride my bike to campus yesterday morning, I discovered that the brake on my back wheel was not functioning.
What's on your agenda for this Friday? Any fun plans for the weekend?
Ooh beautiful desk! We're hoping to paint the kitchen and get more unpacking done...with a fun outdoor movie night/trip to the state fair in there, too.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you are getting there. It's great when things look like they are coming together. Of course I love the beagle pic too! To answer your question, no, I didn't live in Columbus. I spent a few years in Chillicothe (hour south of Columbus) and a few years in the Akron/Canton area.
ReplyDeletecoming along nicely! that desk looks amazing! i love it!
ReplyDeleteOh boy, I absolutely love your new desk!! It makes me want to get into the car and go shopping for one myself. Our desk is a sad little piece of wood that has seen better days:)
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like things are coming together with the house...furniture and all! Enjoy your weekend:)
Sounds like it's all coming together! I love the picture with the cute little dog looking out the window!
ReplyDeleteI love the stain on your new desk! :)
ReplyDeleteLove the new desk! That photo of Bailey is so cute - maybe you should build a little window seat for her :) After a bike ride to lunch today, I've just been lazy and took a nap. Now about to go to a party for some friends who are moving to NYC.
ReplyDeleteIt's always fun to make the move in. Arranging things is fun (packing them up, not so much) have fun in your new place and as you get ready for your fall classes. I'll be working on syllabi all week this week coming up. I like to change them up every semester. Cheers!
ReplyDelete