Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Workout Wednesday 8/4

Moving weeks are usually not conducive to working out for me, but I did okay this past week.

Wednesday: off - we were frantically loading the last bits and pieces into our car and throwing things away and cleaning.  I got a great workout cleaning the oven.... Then we were in the car for eight hours.

Thursday: off - we drove another five or six hours with breaks for Bailey.

Friday: 1.5 mile run around my new neighborhood

Saturday: 2.25 mile run
25 minute yoga for runners on my deck

Sunday: 45 minute yoga workout

Monday: 3 mile run, unloading a moving truck

Tuesday: moving furniture and boxes

The fact that I put on my running shoes and was out the door on my first morning in this house is an auspicious sign.  I'm loving doing yoga on my deck in the morning or in the evening when there's shade.  My best workout was my run on Monday.  I conquered two sizeable hills.

I'm currently covered with random bruises and feeling a bit sore from unloading boxes and moving furniture, but otherwise I'm feeling good mid-way into this first week of marathon training.  Now, I just need to find a good route for my long run on Saturday.

How were your work outs this week?  Was your normal routine interrupted by vacations, moving, or any fun events?

4 comments:

  1. Good week! LOL at the workout you got from cleaning the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So successful! :) Congrats!
    I did the elliptical for 6 minutes yesterday at physical therapy and it was sooooo hard haha.
    Although it was my first cardio since the surgery, so yay for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work this week! There have been so many times that my workouts need to be changed or adjusted during my kid's school year due to their activities at night. I work during the day and it is so hard to get up at 4 AM. We do have a vacation coming up...keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to get some runs in:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.