I used to have a Merit Fitness 725T Treadmill, but when we moved, we realized that it was going to take up way too much space in our moving truck. We posted it on craigslist and sold it within a few hours. On the other side of the move, I realized that I probably desperately want a treadmill during the upper Midwestern winter.
I began to research treadmills and shipping and delivery costs, and after a week of hemming and hawing, I purchased a Schwinn 840 Treadmill on amazon.com for $749.99. I chose to go with the free shipping option, which turned out to be a good decision. Instead of paying $134 for shipping I just waited five more days for my treadmill to arrive via ABF.
It came on Wednesday, and my hubs and I put it together. Between the two of us, it only took about 20 or 30 minutes to put together. It was a relatively simple task. The instructions were easy to follow, although the manual is for both the 840 and the 860 models and we did spend some time looking for parts that the 840 doesn't actually have before we realized our mistake. The most difficult part was getting the extremely bulky box into the workout/Bailey dog room from the garage.
The treadmill folds up really easily. It is also about 8,000,000 quieter and feels significantly stabler than my Merit treadmill was. Although I far prefer running outside to running on a treadmill, after two runs on it, I'm very pleased with my purchase.
I love the flexibility that having a treadmill adds to my schedule. If you are looking to invest in a treadmill, I would recommend this one, especially at its current price on amazon.com.
Do you run on a treadmill? Do you own one that you are happy with?
*I was not compensated in any way by Schwinn or amazon.com for this review. However, if they see this review and want to send me a Schwinn women's hybrid bike, I won't complain.... :)
Thanks for the review! I do run on a treadmill when I have to, though I much prefer outside. In Texas, it's not the winters I have to worry about but the summers. If I'm not out by 6am, it's just too hot and humid.
ReplyDeleteI currently run on the treadmill at the rec center on campus, but I would love to have one at home. Unfortunately, it's not the budget right now, and I live in too small apartment as it is. One day I dream of having a little basement gym, with weights and a yoga mat and maybe even this treadmill!
Congrats on your new purchase! I hope you cover many happy miles together.
Great review! I have been debating on whether or not to buy a treadmill... A lot of my running is already done on a treadmill at the gym, but daycare hours are limited (and cap at 2 hours a day - which is not enough time for me to get my distance running in).
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the review! I don't own a treadmill but would like to in the future for sure. I like the compactness and quiet aspect of this model!
ReplyDeleteHere's hoping Schwinn decides to send you some goodies! Haha! We really need to replace our treadmill, it's just hard to break down and buy a new one since they are pricey!
ReplyDelete@Chrissy, I miss Texas winters, but not Texas summers....
ReplyDelete@Becka, it sounds like a treadmill might be a good investment for you.
@ Katie, I am so happy with how quiet this one is!
@Abbi, I know! I probably would have held out longer, but I was afraid the price would go back up on this model.
Thanks for the review - super helpful! I wish I had room for a treadmill in my apartment :)
ReplyDeleteGreat review:) I love the pictures..your hair is adorable! I do have a mill and it is over ten years old. I hate running on it...hate it! I only run on it in the winter when I absolutely have to:) It is an older model and it makes so much noise that it drives me bonkers! A mill is better than no mill:)
ReplyDeleteHappy Friday!
I'm a treadmill runner, but I currently just use the ones at the gym until we have our own house. Thanks for the review. I will keep that model in mind for when we do look for one.
ReplyDeleteinvasionista
Nice review. I personally do not like running on a treadmill, but since you do, it is great that you found something you are happy with!
ReplyDelete