Wednesday: 3 mile treadmill run - My new treadmill arrived and I hopped on it for a little test run.
Thursday: off - I had a department meeting in the morning, followed by a full day of work in my office and a shopping trip with a new friend. So I planned to swap Thursday for Friday on my training schedule.
Friday: 2 mile treadmill run - I should have run 3 miles, but I was just wiped out.
20 lunges (2 sets of 10), 16 push ups (2 sets of 8), 85 crunches, some stretching
Saturday: 20 lunges (2 sets of 10) and a couple of sun salutations
Sunday: 9 mile (long run) Splits - 11:27, 10:51, 12:08, 11:37, 12:41, 11:31, 14:08, 11:38, 12:24 - again my goal was a pace of about 11:30. Average pace was 12:03. Not quite what I wanted, but at least I logged the miles.
Monday: 5 mile bike commute
Tuesday 2 mile treadmill run
20 lunges (2 sets of 10), 85 crunches, stretching
I was a little bit short on total mileage last week and unless something miraculous happens I will be for this week too. My morning run schedule that I so love has been thrown all out of whack! For those of you who run in the evenings, how do you do it? How do you find the motivation after a long day?
Running after work is crazy hard for me too, the only way it happens is that I have started to really enjoy running groups. Otherwise morning running is the only way I get it done
ReplyDeleteSometimes I have to do an evening workout and I just don't like exercising in the evening... but once I get going I am fine. I find that if you keep yourself hydrated during the day and eat really healthy and not heavy it helps to get through and evening workout. ~Good Luck with your training ~Love Heather
ReplyDeleteGreat job! I tend to run better in the evenings. I'm not a morning person and fueling all day helps prepare me for a run. With that being said, I tend to do shorter runs after work, although I'm going to run 8 after work tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteYou are a workout machine! Awesome job on your running, biking and core! Woo hoo for the new mill:) You will be using that baby alot come winter!
ReplyDeleteGood job on your nine mile run. Sometimes it's better to just enjoy running and not get all worked up about pace.
ReplyDeleteThe only way I can get motivated to run in the evening is to meet up with friends for the run. Otherwise, it doesn't happen for me