Sunday, October 17, 2010

Weekly +/- XVI

In the - column this week:

- I spent much of the first half of the week grading, grading, grading.  I barely had time to prepare my classes and brush my teeth, much less run or write or cook.  It was just a loooong work week.  On Thursday I left the house at 7:15am and didn't get home until 10:30pm.

- I had some stomach issues this week.  I think the Mexican take out that we had one evening for dinner was the culprit.

- I only ran 10.5 miles this morning instead of 18.  And I'm feeling like a total slacker because of it.

In the + column:

+ The weather this past week has been absolutely gorgeous autumn weather.  On Wednesday I biked into campus to teach and was somewhat rejuvenated by the feel of the crisp air and warm sun on my face and hands.  A lot of the leaves have already fallen from the trees, but there are still trees sporting fiery reds and oranges and vibrant yellows.  They are just beautiful to look at!
+ I took a group of students to a museum on Thursday to see an exhibit, and a good time was had by all.  I really enjoyed interacting with the students and chatting with two of my colleagues who also came on the trip on the ride there and back.

+ I'm feeling really excited about running a half-marathon next weekend!  While I don't expect to PR in this race, I don't doubt my ability to finish the race, and hopefully I can do it with a smile on my face. 

How has your week been?  Were you racing this weekend?  Did you do anything special?  Eat any great meals?

9 comments:

  1. have fun at the half next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 10-miler in place of the 18 might be a blessing in disguise--fresher legs for next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed. Without my structured coached practices, I would easily skip workouts right now. Busy time of the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your half-marathon next weekend! And 10 miles still pretty darn good (coming from someone who has yet to run 10 miles :-)

    This weekend was college football - Saturday was too insane with all the upsets! Also the pumpkin fair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally registered for San Antonio! I'm doing the half and Nathan's doing the full. We should definitely meet up while we're there!

    Oh, and good luck in the half!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun next weekend during your half! I made a yummy butternut squash soup last night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard that the races in Mankato are filled to the max! They even expect more runners next year! Awesome news:)

    Good luck this week with your training!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on your half! You will rock it, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your half! I ran a 2 mile fun run put on by a local bar for a charity- it's the first time I've run for anything since middle school, and for me it was a pretty big accomplishment to run the entire thing. I'm really inspired by what you do on a regular basis with blogging, academics, and running. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.