Tuesday, January 4, 2011

January Goals

I expect another hectic month because I'll be traveling for a conference and a new semester will be starting. Thus, again I'm trying to set myself up for success by aiming for pretty reasonable goals.

Fitness/Health Goals
- Practice yoga at least once while in Boston for my conference
- Begin 21 day yoga challenge
- Run 60 miles in January
- Maintain food journal
Writing Goals
- I will finally finish the transcription of the edited primary source.  This seems to be the project that just will not end.... I'm 1/3 of the way through the folios, but as my co-editor has said, it is extremely labor-intensive.  I will get through the other 2/3 when I return from Boston.
- I will make some inquiries with presses for my book manuscript.

What are your short term goals for January?  How are you breaking your 2011 resolutions down into manageable steps?

5 comments:

  1. Nice goals for the month. Travelling always throws me for a loop and I get completely out of my routine. Hope it goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a great balance of running and yoga!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travel always makes it tricky for me, especially when it's work-related.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you luck with your goal and hope your gym isn't too packed with the January resolutions crowd!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some really great goals for January! I am still looking at mine...I know that last year I was a little bit enthusiastic and had way too many. Good luck to you! My January is going to be hectic too:) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.