Monday, January 10, 2011

Weekly +/- 2.2

In the - column this week:

- Being on the job market sucks.  That is all.

- I really wish I had one more week before the start of the new semester.  I got up at 4:00 am yesterday to catch my flight back to the Midwest and feel like I'm scrambling to put page numbers on syllabi and get them printed and copied and to get my course websites in order before my first classes.  I guess I should be relieved that my classes all meet on Tues/Thurs this term so I'm not as frantic as I would be if things were starting up for me today.

In the + column:

+ I got to see several good friends and catch up with them while I was in Boston for my conference.  I saw one really good friend of mine from grad school who is pregnant with her second child, and I had no idea that she was expecting again!  I had dinner with various groups of friends three nights in a row and ate some delicious food, too.

+ My travels were relatively smooth and uneventful.  I didn't experience any major delays and the road conditions were fine for driving.  My luggage made it.  I also met my goal of practicing yoga once while on the road.  It's good to be thankful for the little things.

+ I found out that a conference that I submitted a paper abstract to has accepted my panel!  Woohoo!  A trip to Seattle, a reason to produce pages, and a 2011 goal being met all in one!

I hope you're all having a great start to your week!  How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.