| Boats at the Buen Retiro, Madrid August 2005 |
My March goals were:
- Be more consistent with journaling all of my food intake. This one was hit or miss. Some days were good. Some days were not. I think making a greater effort to plan meals ahead of time would help.
- Run 70+ miles in March. Between travel, a stupid cold, and my back injury, I only ran 54 miles in March. I'm pretty bummed about this because during the first part of the month I was sure I was on track to reach this goal.
- Drink more water during the day. This one has also been hit or miss. I've been good most days, but I noticed this past Tuesday that I drank one glass of water between the hours of 9am and 9:30pm. Not good.
- Focus on one yoga pose in particular each week in March. As with my running goal, this was going really well during the first half of the month, but illness and injury caused it to peter out during the last two weeks of March.
-Get the transcript of the project I'm co-editing off my desk by March 15. - I didn't quite get this done by March 15, but I finally got this off my desk during this past month.
-Translate 15 pages of the transcript into English by the end of the month. - The translation part of this project is actually now up in the air because of some debates about the formatting of the transcript. So this has been put on hold for the time being.
-Organize my campus office and clean my writing desk at home. I did have my campus office organized at the beginning of the month, but over time it devolved back into a state of some disarray. I did not clean my writing desk. And currently M. has taken over my other desk.
-Acquire everything I need to revise and resubmit an article. I did not get to this.
I did, however, accomplish a number of things this past month that I hadn't set out as goals. I set a number of April Fools' pranks into motion. I helped put together a panel for a conference and wrote an abstract for a conference paper. I wrote up a course description for a new class that I'm proposing. There just never seems to be enough time in the day....
How did your March go? How are you coming along on any long term goals that you've set for the year?
My husband and I are doing 'weekly goals' for the month of April. Our first goal is no eating out for one week - sounds easy enough, but for us it is HARD because we we eat out 2 and sometimes 3x a week.
ReplyDeleteNice work! I find that writing down my goals definitely makes the chance of them being accomplished MUCH higher. And my desk is always a mess. :)
ReplyDeleteGosh you should see my campus office, looks like a bomb went off, but if it was any neater it wouldn't look like an art professor's office! Good luck with your goals!
ReplyDeleteMeh - March was so so for me. The weather totally sucked. I accomplished my mileage goal of 50, but I still don't feel like I am in as good of shape as I should be... But oh well. Ready or not, I am running 10 miles tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteHere's hoping April is a better month!