Friday, April 29, 2011
Foto Friday: Friends and Inspiration Edition
My friend K has often inspired me. K and I became close friends through yoga classes and also a writing group. We first met at an academic gathering, and because we lived in the same neighborhood we would occasionally run into each other at coffee shops or out at bars. We might have simply remained casual acquaintances, but a Facebook status update about yoga caused us to connect on a more meaningful level. One day she posted an update about feeling serene after a yoga class, and I commented on it. It turned out that we went to classes at the same yoga studio. For several months we were mysore buddies, getting up to hit our mats at the yoga studio at 5:45 am a couple days a week. When the term got stressful and early mornings became more difficult, we squeezed in afternoon and weekend classes. K can magically float into poses that I'm not sure will ever be in my reach. Though I try not to ever compare myself to other yogis (or runners), I do try to gain inspiration and insight from them. I'm thankful for those mornings of sweat and serenity that we shared before we both moved. I'm also grateful for the many conversations that we had walking to and from class and the friendship that developed as a result of sun salutations and sleepy confidences.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
what a sweet post!
ReplyDeleteGreat picture!
ReplyDelete