I feel refreshed and ready to work again. Although I'm not teaching for the summer, I know that it's crucial to my career to publish my research. I have a journal article to revise and resubmit, two conference papers/article drafts based on new research to write, and work on my book manuscript and proposal to do over the summer. In other words, I have more than enough to keep me busy for at least 40 hours a week this summer.
My major goal for this week is to start tackling article revisions. I also want to spend at least a few hours doing some reading, note-taking, and organizing to get started on one of those conference papers. To-do lists, balance ball and standing desk, ahoy! I'm hoping that after a few days I'll find a nice work rhythm that I can keep up over the summer, but that will still allow time and energy for running, drinking beer on the deck, and making fun of my spouse for his Game of Thrones obsession.
What's on your agenda this week?
Scrubs is one of my all time favorites! Good luck with your research and papers I know that can be hard when there is perfect running weather calling your name :-)
ReplyDeleteGirl, you on track for an awesome summer. I still have one class tomorrow and final start next week. I also have 2 revisions to send out and some book related stuff. And I'd like to start longer runs like you (my "barefoot running" thing killed my right foot and I feel almost recovered). Yeay for summer.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great and perfect weekend!
ReplyDeleteToo bad you have to work so much this Summer but it's all for a good cause.
Sounds like a great weekend! I work in a high school and am counting down the days until summer. I feel like I should do something more academic this summer after reading your post ;)
ReplyDeleteyour weekend sounds heavenly! I have another crazy week with the kids, planning a birthday party, soccer games, the school play. lots of fun things : )
ReplyDeleteIt's always nice to take some time to kick back like that! Good luck getting back into gear--that can be the hard part!
ReplyDeleteWell done on getting a 19 miler in! Now you taper then? Your marathon is fast approaching!!
ReplyDeleteMy agenda for the week is pretty full. Lots of studying. And then dinner w/ a friend Thur, drinks w/ friends on Fri, and a bbq with friends on Sat. In hindsight, I prob overscheduled myself but oh we! My social calendar has been pretty light lately so I guess i am just making up for that!
19 miles is super impressive!
ReplyDeleteScrubs just makes me happy!
ReplyDeleteYou will be through it soon! Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteYep. It's all about the taper here now. Enjoy the socializing!
ReplyDeleteThanks Rebecca!
ReplyDeleteSounds like an amazing weekend! 19 miles, holy cow!! You seriously rock. I would probably die. No, I definitely would. I don't know how you do it! =)
ReplyDelete