Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Respite

While physically I'm still at home, mentally I've gone here.
North of Spain, Summer 2005
I finished marking exams and posted grades for all of my classes last night.  The only things on my to do list today are a 6 mile run and drinking wine with some women this evening.  Maybe I'll read a magazine.  Maybe I'll paint my nails.  Maybe I'll take a nap.  I'll be doing some organizational work and cleaning here and there for the next few days, but I'm taking a break from any heavy mental lifting for the rest of the week.  Hopefully, I'll come back from my break renewed, recharged, and ready to write.

10 comments:

  1. Natasha SutherlinMay 10, 2011 at 2:05 PM

    Sounds like a perfect day! Enjoy your break. I love that picture looks like an beautiful place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being done with grading! And enjoy your break. I look forward to joining you (in writing productivity land, of course), soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. sartorialsidelinesMay 10, 2011 at 3:57 PM

    Ugh, I really need to mentally check out for a few days...writing is becoming increasingly difficult...


    xoxo ~ Courtney

    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wine, naps, and manicures. HEAVEN.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, mentally, I'll meet you at the little cafe off the curvy road for some espresso in about an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds SO nice! Congrats on a wrap for the semester..enjoy your little break!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh god, I really want to do that too! e n j o y

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on having another semester behind you. I remember the excitement as a student, so I am sure the feeling is similar for the professor. Yea for having a relaxing night - esp wine with girlfriends!

    And thank you so much for the kind/insightful comment on my post about wanting to move...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good! You deserve it. Have a nice break :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.