Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Other Loves

Since there's not a whole lot of running going on over here right now, I decided to keep myself in good spirits by biking to campus and participating in colored pants day over at Everybody, Everywear.  The temperature dropped by about 30 degrees overnight last night, which made for deliciously cool and crisp air and the perfect opportunity to wear cords for the first time in months.


These are my first ever attempts at panda shots, and I have to admit that I felt a certain amount of glee (or maybe it was just a rush of adrenaline as I've never had great balance) taking them as I biked through my 'hood.

Do you get joy out of biking to work? Have you tried taking panda shots?

15 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your injury, but I am glad you are still able to be active.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i enjoy like cycling for errands, like to the store, but i do not enjoy cycling to work because a) i need to carry a big heavy laptop and b) i need to travel up a big stupid hill.  

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, panda shots?  I love it!  I do not know how to ride a bike, but it's on my TDL as soon as it's safe to fall again.  

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I've never tried panda shots, but now I will!  I'm going for a long sunrise ride tomorrow, so I'll try it out!  If I didn't work 25 miles away, I'd definitely bike to work.  But alas...

    Nice pants!  I'm excited to bring out my cords too, now that fall is finally coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the purple and the angle of the shots.  Is a panda shot one taken in motion?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to try this before I put my bike in storage for the winter...I'm a little worried I'll kill myself though - I'm pretty klutzy.

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the term emerged from the flickr name of the woman who popularized the concept of self-portraits while cycling.  

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your outfit is ADORABLE!  Serioulsy!  I LOVE it!  That shirt goes perfectly wiht those pants and as usual, your shoes are adorable!

    I bike to work every day and love it.  It's only .75 miles so it takes me 4 minutes, but it's quicker and more fun than walking!! 

    I had never heard of panda shots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joannaruns.blogspot.comSeptember 13, 2011 at 8:07 PM

    I don't even own a bike, but your pictures look super fun and like something I would attempt if I did have a bike!

    As to the injury (sorry--just getting caught up here), IT is tough. When I suffered with it I was fortunate to have the pain at the side of my knee rather than at the hip. With that, an elastic knee sleeve and some ibuprofin was enough (plus massage and a foam roller). The hip is harder. Hang in there--you really can beat it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did EBEW post-fashion blog?  I love it!
    And yeah, I've tried those shots. Simply Bikes makes it look so easy. Mine never work out. Maybe I'll try again this week...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE biking to work but have never attempted panda shots, mostly because accidents happen on the uneven roads I bike and more than crashing myself I worry about falling and breaking my camera. You make purple cords look so hot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am TERRIFIED of even attempting to take my hands off the handlebars long enough to take a picture on my road bike so have never attempted it! I took some pictures on the commuter bikes in Minneapolis when I went to visit Lisa though, I felt a lot steadier taking my hands off the handlebars on those! Lol.

    Cute outfit (what I can see of it anyways :) )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute cords!
    I biked to work a few times this summer, but got lazy after mid-July. I should probably try it a few times this fall...
    Never tried a panda shot. I'm way too nervous about falling and breaking my phone. :) Maybe I'll get brave one day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, I had to look up "panda shot" and now need to try it without crashing! LOVE LOVE LOVE your purple britches!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always love these kinds of shots! Simply Bike does them the best. She's an experienced commuter/photo taker. ;) Nice work on the 10 miler! I'm so jealous of those fun distances. We have soooo many 5Ks around here it just gets boring to me. I love the 10K to 10 mile distance. 

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.