Thursday, October 20, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. I came down with a bug this week, and it hit me like a sledgehammer. Monday during my bike commute my body felt like lead, and when I woke up on Tuesday I felt like crap. I actually took a sick day yesterday, and, though I don't feel quite back to 100%, I'm feeling better today. Must be well in time for the 10K and a conference that I'm going to next week!

2. My efforts to slow down, to multi-task less, and to be more mindful and present in the moment, even the mundane ones, are meeting with mixed results. This will definitely take time, but I can already tell the difference in my mood and my outlook.

3. I wrote a couple of guest posts for other bloggers that have run this week. If you have an interest in my thoughts about transitions in my style, check out my post over at Narrowly Tailored, or if you want to see an outfit of the day kind of post, head over to An Epic Battle in High Heels.  Thanks to both S. and M. for letting me guest post for them! If you like style and smart writing, I definitely encourage you to bookmark both of their blogs.

12 comments:

  1. I'm off to check out the guest posts - and good luck with the slowing down and being more present in the moment. If you achieve it let me know the secret because I am terrible at it and starting to feel the strain...

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh.  I have a similar bug.  I felt so crappy this morning.  I felt it coming on yesterday and it hit me like a ton of bricks today.  I really hope it is short lived becuase I do not have time ot be sick w/ my trip to Chicago this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bleeeeeccccchhhhh.... sorry you're feeling bad.  Hope you shake it quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate being sick! Especially in the winter when it is already cold and dark! I hope you get better soon! I am interested in hearing about your slowing down process. I am still trying to find MORE STUFF to do, even when my calendar is full...why?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey - feel better. That sucks. This time of year is so crappy for sickness. I am glad to read that your running is coming back together though...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joannaruns.blogspot.comOctober 20, 2011 at 8:40 PM

    Feel better soon! Come enter my giveaway--maybe that will help :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy, I have a hard time with #2 also. Thanks for the reminder to put some more effort into this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I'm excited to read your guest posts!  I regret that I missed you in your style blogging days--there are several style blogs out there that I enjoy, and I bet yours would have been one of them too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's tough, isn't it, this slowing down, being mindful. Take care to get back on the mend. Had a quick peek at both your guest posts, enjoyed them, bookmarked the blogs, but haven't commented yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sure hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are continuing on the upswing!  Being sick is the worst, especially when you have all that important stuff coming up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.