Friday, April 27, 2012

Foto Friday: Last Class

Awards Bags for my Women's History Class
Yesterday I taught my last class at my current institution. It was a bittersweet moment for me, as I have very much enjoyed the upper level courses I have taught the past two years and have come to care a great deal about my students. This particular class was relatively small - 15 students stuck it out the whole semester - and I challenged them to do a lot of reading, a lot of discussing, and a lot of writing. So at the end of the day I gave them awards. They were themed -- based on a historical personage or a reading that we did -- and awarded them to students according to their differing achievements and antics. They were a lot of fun to give out. Some of my students had also brought some treats to the last meeting, and the class gave me a very sweet farewell card. It was wonderful to end the semester and my teaching time here on such a high note.

6 comments:

  1. You give students awards!? I want to be in your class! I never got anything from a professor.

    I bet you are excited that school is over! Gosh you have so much happening this summer; it's going to be a great one!

    PS I thought your post title said "Frodo Friday" at first. New meme?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, this is so lovely and sweet. Congratulations on completing your teaching semester--I'm so happy to hear that it is ending on such a high note.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing out on a high note. Now onto new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, that is so sweet! What a great way to end your teaching experience at this university. I imagine it's a bit bittersweet when you have to say goodbye to great classes like that. Sounds like there was a mutual appreciation between you and the students1

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea for your students! I bet they'll never forget your class (or what they learned in it). :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I would have loved to have you for a teacher.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.