Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Gone Marking

I am currently buried under mounds of final papers and desperately trying to make headway as I wrap up my last couple weeks of teaching and prepare for a scary oral surgery. At least I'm wearing fun new shoes while I grade.


I'll be back next week with fewer teeth and hopefully fewer papers to grade.

9 comments:

  1. Best of luck finishing up the grading and also getting through the surgery. Oral surgery is never fun...yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes are cute. I love red accents. Good luck with the grading! It will all be over soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never ever be able to walk in those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the grading (and you know I love the shoes)...and I hope the oral surgery goes smoothly.


    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, those shoes! Gorgeous. I too love the red--red shoes are so fun.

    Good luck with the end of your term. It's been a big one for you! I can't wait to follow along on the next phase of your adventures in academia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! I'm chanting, "Madrid, Madrid, Madrid" for you. ;)

    But hey, at least you are grading in adorable shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I hope all goes well with the surgery. I think it would be fun to wear those shoes while grading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me too!
    Hang in there, the end (of semester) is in sight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really are my kind of academic. I, too, treat myself to beautiful things to reward myself for accomplishing big academic milestones (grant won! Buy some Kate Spade!) and to sooth myself when the work gets overwhelming. Fun shoes--rock 'em out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.