1. This weekend I head out of town for the next two weeks. First I'm headed to Madison, WI (a great place to run) for the wedding of one of my dearest friends and running buddies. Then I'm flying out of Chicago to New York, where I'll spend two weeks working on a project at the Hispanic Society of America. I'll be spending the better part of my days poring over documents, but I do plan to enjoy myself in the evenings and the weekend when the archives are closed. I haven't been to NYC for a few years, so I'm getting really excited for this trip! I'm looking forward to seeing some friends who live there, eating bagels, going for runs to see the city in different ways, and enjoying the cultural amenities of a major metropolitan area.
2. I'll be staying in Harlem at a place that I found on Airbnb. The first place that I had booked canceled on me a few weeks ago, so I've been a little bit worried that something might fall through with my second reservation. I suppose that's the one potential drawback to arranging accommodations this way. Airbnb did quickly give me a credit and refunded me the slight difference between the first and second place that I booked through them. My host has also personally confirmed with me, so I hope that everything will work out fine.
3. Because I only have a day between when I get back from this trip and when the moving company comes, I've had to be more organized than I usually am in terms of packing. I have my bag packed for Madison and NYC and another bag packed for the trek from the Midwest to Alaska, and the rest of my clothes and shoes have been boxed up for the move. For the first time in almost two years my dirty laundry basket and my dry cleaning bag are completely empty. My closet is all but empty too.
If you've run in New York, what's your favorite place to do so? Are you an organized packer?


How incredibly organized you seem! Hope the trip to NYC is everything you want it to be. It's been so long since I've been there I cannot advise about the running.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful time in NYC! You do seem very organized and ready to tackle your travels and your move. I am a...sort of organized packer. I do better on some trips than others. On my last trip, I forgot to pack two key things: my toothbrush and my sports bras, so a trip to Target was in order to take care of those necessities. At least I forgot things that were easily replaced, right? And as we all know, toothbrushes and clothes do wear out, so now I just have extras to replace the worn-out versions :-) (I'm such an optimist, I know.)
ReplyDeleteHave a great time on all your trips! Packing sucks. ;) I love you!
ReplyDeleteYou are going to have such a good time! For packing, it depends. If it's for a weekend, I usually have my standard, 5 minute, throw everything in a bag routine. I used to pack way in advance, but now I know what I need and so I don't waste too much time worrying about it. For longer trips or moving, I have everything ready way in advance.
ReplyDelete