Thursday, August 9, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1. Although the timing pretty much sucked and I'm definitely fatigued from a summer of traveling and moving, I'm loving being back in New York. There's not much that beats drinking your morning coffee on a bench in Central Park. I'm happy to see friends here again and go for runs in Central Park. I'm hoping to squeeze in another yoga class and a concert or trip to a museum next week.
Caffeinated Instagram of Central Park
2. Being in New York means that I'm just a (relatively) short train ride away from Boston. Cosmic  coincidence has led four of my closest friends in the world to move to Boston over the past couple of years. Since it's spendy to fly to and from Alaska and I realized that I might not see any of them for a year or two, I decided to go there this weekend to hang out. If the weather cooperates, worlds will collide on the Commons for an evening of Shakespeare in the park.

3. Our container of stuff has apparently made it to Seattle. The moving company called today to report this piece of news and to say they hoped it would only be another two weeks before it reaches us. I really do hope that's the case as our house would feel a lot more like a home with our furniture and books.... Also having my clothes for teaching would be a good thing.

9 comments:

  1. Enjoy NYC! That's one of our favorite cities. We're on the East coast currently with family, and will be heading through the finger lakes area next week on a little anniversary trip, but not through the city. Hope everything works out with all your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your stuff arrives soon. I honestly think my biggest regret about leaving the East Coast and heading home to Canada is my lack of proximity to NYC and Boston, two my favorite places in the world and filled with some of my closest friends.

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I hope your stuff arrives soon!!

    That is awesome that you'll get to make a trip to Boston to see friends. Might as well make the most of your time on the East Coast. I am hoping to go to Boston for work this fall and want to make a weekend out of it so I can do some sight seeing! I have never been but have always wanted to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem to be rolling with the punches pretty well with regard to your stuff taking so long to get to Alaska. Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is why I hate moving into places because I always felt something has ripped out of me. I'm glad you're getting along well. I heard Central Park is something to look forward too. I love nature trekking :)

    Transvaginal mesh lawsuit info over here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I love the photo and its caption! Brilliant, my dear.

    And fingers crossed that all goes well for the final stage of your big move...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm SO jealous!!! Have fun this weekend in Boston. You should take a Chinatown bus up there. It's cheaper and quite an experience. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great weekend with your friends. Although it must be exhausting going back and forth as you have, it's wise not to have stayed at your new home, waiting for your stuff to arrive. Instead, there you are, soaking up what New York and Boston have to offer -- enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two weeks!? Really! That seems like a long time to me! Oh well, don't worry about it! Go and have fun in Boston! And if you get the chance, running on the Charles is a great way to start your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.