Right now I don't have any upcoming races -- though I wouldn't be opposed to putting a December or January 10K on the docket if I can find one that works with my schedule. However, I do have some fitness goals and am looking to be a bit more accountable. I got in several solid workouts over the past week, but I have to tell you that not having a functioning treadmill at home after becoming accustomed to having one for the past several years is creating some (not insurmountable) obstacles.
Monday - gym. I did 20 minutes of weight lifting and then 20 minutes on the elliptical machine.
Tuesday - rest day. I did get in about 30 minutes of walking, as the class I teach on Tuesday/Thursday mornings is all the way across campus from my office.
Wednesday - gym. I did 10 minutes of weight lifting and then 25 minutes on the treadmill, including running 2 miles at an 11:00/mile pace.
Thursday - rest. Again, I got in about 30 minutes of walking across campus.
Friday - run. I did a hilly route in my hood for 2.2 miles at a 10:55/mile pace. I sort of struggled through this one, but I was glad I got out there.
Saturday - short hike/walk. This was an easy 30 minute walk through a local bird sanctuary.
Sunday - run. I did 2.6 miles in my neighborhood at a 10:45/mile pace.
My workout goals for this upcoming week are to get in at least two cross-training workouts and to run at least 3 times. What are your workout goals for the week?

I have turned management of my goals over to Precision Nutrition for a year and I must say it's nice. Do what they tell me, get green checkmark, don't feel guilty -- or be tempted by head-spinny perfectionist planning to EXERCISE MOAR -- as long as I'm following the plan. So my goals every week are three prescribed weight workouts, two interval workouts (which Zumba classes can even take care of) and just going for a walk on the remaining days. My willpower needed this break.
ReplyDeleteOh, I've missed the inspiration of your discipline! My big commitment this training season is to stick to at least two stretch/strength workout a week -- one Pilates, one yoga. So far, I've managed it all but one week since September. (pats self on back. . . )
ReplyDeleteThis week sounds like a good mix of different work-outs for you. Those are my favorite, especially the hikes :-) As for me, this week's goal is one word: MARATHON. Ready or not, here I come...
ReplyDeleteGood work on the diversity of your workouts! I did pretty good last week as I managed to work out while I was on vacation and took some walks on the beach as well which are always fun. This week is crazy as I have a day trip to Columbus for work and then some sales reps are coming into town so I really should go to dinner w/ them on Wed night but i might try to dodge that dinner as I really just need a night in my apt!
ReplyDeleteI love that photo! I think your week sounds pretty good to me! I had intentions of doing yoga this week, but with the BART strike, it's not convenient to get over there and back after work, so I am planning on a couple of short runs and maybe a spin class. I am undecided. However, my favorite is weeks where I have hiking or outdoor adventures on the schedule.
ReplyDelete