Well, I have to fess up and admit that I fell just short of my goal of running 30 miles in the month of October. I ended up running 27 miles, and I'm okay with that. I got in some good cross-training this past week, and I'm looking forward to continuing to rebuild my fitness and to working on tracking and accountability in the month of November.
Monday - gym. I did 20 minutes of weight lifting and then ran 2.5 miles on the treadmill at an average pace of 10:52.
Tuesday - active rest. I did get in 30 minutes of walking around campus.
Wednesday - gym. I did 20 minutes of weights and then ran 2 miles on the treadmill at an average pace of 11:10. I really wasn't feeling this workout. My legs just felt dead, and I felt like I was dragging the whole time.
Thursday - active rest. I woke up feeling sick on Thursday, so the only exercise I got in was walking across campus to teach my class and walking back to my office. I had planned to run those final monthly miles, but I opted for an afternoon of doing class prep and grading on the couch instead.
Friday - rest. I was still feeling under the weather, so I took it easy.
Saturday - gym. I did 20 minutes of weight lifting and then 20 minutes on the elliptical at a moderate pace and a low resistance level. I could tell I still wasn't 100% from how much effort it took to get through this easy workout.
Sunday - rest. I had tentatively planned to go for an easy run or a walk in the afternoon, but I got a call from a friend I hadn't had a chance to catch up with in a couple of months, so I enjoyed having a long chat with her instead.
My fitness and health goals for November are to run at least 33 miles, get in at least 8 cross-training workouts, and to maintain my food journal every day. What's one of your health-related goals for the month of November?
Good for you! Even when you're not feeling well, you stay accountable and manage to keep moving. And taking it a bit easier now makes it more likely that you'll meet the November goal. As for me, with the descent of marking, I'm really wanting to stick to twice-weekly stretch sessions, whether yoga or Pilates (realistically, I suspect there'll be at least one week -- and this might be it! -- when one of those sessions falls by the wayside. . . .)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you were sick last week! That stinks. But I think you were smart to take it easy and let your body rest.
ReplyDeleteI'm intrigued by the idea of setting a mileage goal for November! I might follow your example--maybe aim for 40 miles? It's only 10 miles a week, but it might be the motivation I need to transition into half-marathon training mode :-)
Have a good week, friend!
I have forgotten to include yoga in my monthly recaps now for the past 2 months. What is my problem?? Your question is a remind that I lack goals for November. I think after eating my weight in yummy food this past weekend in NC, I need to get back on my weight loss trajectory!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear you were feeling under the weather last week. You still got in a good amount of workouts, though, so that is great. Last week was a good week as I fit in 5 workouts, 3 of which were spin classes which I am loving. My goal for November is to not gain any weight. I am traveling a lot between work and fun things and the lbs can creep on when I am not at home, but I am trying to keep my eating in check and plan to work out as many days that I am back in Charlotte as I can (and while on the road when I can).
ReplyDelete